Thursday, October 7, 2010

Positive Relationships are KEY

Today I read an article that stated that more that 75% of women act weird around food. The article was promoting being what they called a "Happy Eater" and I was confronted with the likelihood that I was one such case. I have come so far since my struggle with an eating disorder that I felt I could dismiss the article completely. However, as I thought about it I realized that I mostly have a good relationship with food;  but, there is still apart of me that falls into new traps. I no longer view food as a source of comfort, I no longer mindlessly eat. But I do feel guilty sometimes when I eat dessert and missing a workout can really ruin my day. I do not fear food anymore but I do fear loosing control. I fear that one day I will wake up and I will be right where I started, unhealthy, overweight, and miserable. I allow what I eat to alter how I view myself. 

I see now what  journey God has before me-to learn to accept myself for the way that I am. To have my goal be something that is attainable and long lasting-good health. I don't want my goal to be weight loss instead my goal is going to be long lasting overall, good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment